In most cases, if you want to learn how to sew, you simply pay for a lesson or class to learn a craft, an art, or pick-up a new hobby. It’s an opportunity to express your creativity, relax from work-related stress, and spend a little time making something with your hands.
From a business perspective, however, if you want to learn something new, the boss wants you to report on the profits. In other words, if they pay $20.00 for you to take a class, how soon will it be before you make a profit, $25.00? When will you make money or save money as a result of spending the extra money? What is the return on investment, ROI for short?
If you apply the same rules of business to your desire tolearn how to sew, when would you make a profit from this new skill? How many opportunities would you have to earn or save money? Can you expect a large return on your investment?
One of the first things you can do, when you learn how to sew is save on alteration and clothing repair costs. But, there is a bigger picture here. You can also open a business and earn money when you learn how to sew. In other words, you can sell what you sew. Take a look at the short list below for starters:
Learn How to Sew to:
- Start your own sewing and quilting business
- Sew fashionable clothes>Seamstress, Tailor, Dressmaker
- Sew wedding dresses or special events>Specialty shops
- Sewing business Pick Up and Deliver
- Fashion Designer>Boutiques
- Costume Designer
- Monogram shirts, towels>Monogrammer
- Sew curtains, drapes, bedding, pillows>Home Decorator
- Sew baby clothes, blankets
- Sew dog or pet clothes
- Sew doll clothes, make stuffed animals
- Teach others to sew>Sewing books, classes, schools
- Alter ready-to-wear>Alterationist
- Mending and repair specialists
- Recycle old clothes, fabrics, socks
- Crafts, gifts
When developed, I can think of no other skill that opens the door to so many specialized and profitable career opportunities than the sewing industry. And, you can do it all from your home: the home sewing business or an online sewing business
Millions of people are looking for a home-based low-cost, start-up business that will turn a profit.
Can you see from the list of opportunities above that you can recover your initial investment over and over again? In other words, you have made an investment that lasts for a lifetime. The ultimate ROI…the maximum ROI!
Take a chance …Learn how to sew. It can take you into areas that you’ve never even dreamed of…
My ebook, “Sew-It Like a Pro” reveals a step-by-step, how-to detail guide to help you learn how to sew. Then, you too, can earn money sewing at home.